To be eligible for a payment from the Akron-AAUP Faculty Care Fund, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You were one of the bargaining unit faculty on the reduction-in-force list enacted by the Board of Trustees on July 15, 2020; and
- You have not retired from active service to the University. You are not eligible if you
- Retired by September 1, 2020, or
- Entered into an agreement with the University whereby:
- Your employment was continued into the Fall 2020 semester and your full-time employment was severed as a result of that Board action, and
- You retired on or before January 1, 2021.
- By May 31, 2021, the University has not offered to reinstate you to a full-time faculty position.
- By May 31, 2021, you had applied for an Akron-AAUP Faculty Care Fund payment by completing an application that includes the following information:
- Full legal name
- Current Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number.
Instructions for Applying
The donation period will begin MARCH 22, 2021 and end MAY 31, 2021.*
The opt-in period will begin and end on those same dates. All eligible individuals will be contacted via the email address that the Chapter has on record for them (if any) and by regular mail to the most recent address the Chapter has on file. Each eligible individual with an email address on file will receive a unique user link to submit an electronic application. A confirmation email will be provided when an application is received electronically. Individuals who receive an application only via regular mail may return an application by emailing a scanned picture of the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation email will be provided when an application is received by email.
Please do not send applications via regular mail in case there is a delay with the mail. If you do not receive a confirmation email within two business days of submitting your application, please email email@example.com.
At the end of the opt-in period, the funds collected will be divided evenly among the eligible members from whom we have received completed opt-in forms. The Akron-AAUP will not be obligated to make a payment to anyone who does not timely opt in. Payments will only be made to eligible applicants who follow the opt-in instructions and receive confirmation that their application has been received.
*Important: The Chapter must receive your application by 5:00 p.m. on May 31, 2021 (the end of the opt-in period) in order for you to be eligible for payment. Please send your application as soon as you are able to do so.